For my Google Scholar profile, see here.
Mitigating Language and Cultural Barriers in Global Work Teams
- Helen Ai He, Naomi Yamashita, Chat Wacharamanotham, Andrea B. Horn, Jenny Schmid, Elaine M. Huang. “Two Sides to Every Story: Mitigating Intercultural Conflict through Automated Feedback and Shared Self-Reflections in Global Virtual Teams”. In Proceedings of the ACM: Human Computer Interaction (PACM 2017), 1(2), pp. 51-72. ACM, 2017. Supplementary Materials as ZIP file.
- Helen Ai He, Naomi Yamashita, Ari Hautasaari, Xun Cao, and Elaine M. Huang. “Why Did They Do That? Exploring Attribution Mismatches Between Native and Non-Native Speakers Using Videoconferencing.” In Proceedings of the 2017 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2017), pp. 297-309. ACM, 2017.
- Helen Ai He. “Augmenting Computer-Mediated Communication Tools to Mitigate Language and Culture Barriers in Global Virtual Teams”. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D. Dissertation). Department of Informatics, University of Zurich, Switzerland. 2017. Chapter 1: Introduction only.
- Helen Ai He, Nemanja Memarovic, Amalia Sabiescu, and Aldo de Moor. “CulTech2015: cultural diversity and technology design.” In Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Communities and Technologies, pp. 153-156. ACM, 2015.
- Helen Ai He and Elaine M. Huang. “A qualitative study of workplace intercultural communication tensions in dyadic face-to-face and computer-mediated interactions.” In Proceedings of the 2014 Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS 2014), pp. 415-424. ACM, 2014.
Engaging the Public with Open Data and Visualizations
Loneliness and Isolation in an Increasingly Digital World
Persuasive Eco-Feedback Technologies
- Amy Voida, Stephen Voida, Saul Greenberg, and Helen Ai He. “Asymmetry in media spaces.” In Proceedings of the 2008 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW 2008), pp. 313-322. ACM, 2008. [Honorable Mention – Best Paper Award Nominee; Nomination Rate: 5%, Acceptance Rate: 23%]